Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Heartbroken

My heart is broke. My K-Dawg is hurtin'. There is nothing I can do but walk with her and support her in any way she needs me.
I'll start from the beginning...
I met K in November at my first Cancer Club meeting. She was soft spoken and quiet and pregnant. We both go to the same health care provider so we knew we had a little bond.
Chemo does not create an organized mind, so it took months before we really connected.
She had her miracle Eleanor and we were starting to see each other more. Sometimes at Club, sometimes on a walk. One night having drinks after CClub.
That's when I realized what a sly devil this chick is. Don't let the quiet manner of the person fool you. She'll throw down a joke or f-bomb, and you won't know what hit you until you wipe your eyes from laughing and your side hurts.
I will not go in to much detail, but I will say that her walk with cancer is going to take a bit longer than she ever wanted NOT to imagine.
There is a plethora of feelings running many of us. Confusion, grief, ANGER. That's right anonymous...hard biting ANGER. We are pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are pissed that anyone of us must go through this in any form.
When we started with this breast cancer journey, none of us knew each other. (When I say we or us I mean Cancer Club)
There's a few of us that are on the same time line as far as diagnoses, surgery, and chemo. It felt like, ok, we're doing good, starting to look and feel "normal." We each have our own story and now we have each other. We can relate. We are not alone. Our family and friends have been there for us, but in reality, it's our bodies that are fighting, not theirs. I am not in any way down playing the support of anyone, just pointing out that in Cancer Club, we have walked in each others shoes.
My point is this...
K-Dawg, your lung is my lung. Your sadness is mine. Your dream to see your grandchildren is mine. I know your have your loved ones there for you, but also know that you have me and Anna. We will do drugs with you, we will hold your hand in treatment. Will will laugh and cry with you. If you need something ask. We will walk beside you and carry you when you feel you can no longer walk.

Peace Out

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry you're going through so much pain and anger.

It's so hard.

Beckie said...

I am here via She Who Blogs - welcome to the group!

It sounds like K-Dawg is lucky to have a friend like you. I saw her pic in the previous post - she looks like she can be a lot of fun and a fighter.

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria, here through 'she who blogs'. Welcome to the group :o) It sounds like a tough road for K-Dawg but it also sounds like she has a great friend in you who will be there every step of the way. I enjoy your blog and LOVE the name of it LOL

qualcosa di bello said...

maria,,,i just found your site on the She Who Blogs sidebar...welcome to our crowd!!!

your site is so very inspiring. i just spent a year holding onto my dearest friend while she struggled through diagnosis to last treatment on 8/1. i will send her your way...i know she will love to visit you.

Jannis said...

Maria, Bienvenido and Welcome! I just joined She Who Blogs last week. Your blog is incredible. I am sorry for your girlfriend. I look forward to reading more from you. Jannis

Kathleen said...

I'm sorry to hear your friend is having such a rough time right now. Welcome to SheWhoBlogs, I look forward to reading more of your blog.