Sunday, August 12, 2007

100 Things About Me

In no particular order...Some things you may know, some you may not.

1. My mother gave me the middle name Gerine. I hated it my whole life and I dropped it. The government knows me as Maria Ewing. Gerine only exists on my birth certificate.

2. I hate seafood but I will eat a tuna sandwhich. You know with pickles, mayo, and stuff.

3. I didn't think I would ever have children. I have two and wish I could have four.

4. The first boy I kissed was when I was in 6th grade. His name is Greg Hammer.

5. I HATE it when people smack and pop their gum. So low rent.

6. I have had 6 jobs in my life. I am not including motherhood. That's the most time consuming...

7. I was baptized Catholic.

8. I love shoes and have too many.

9. I was a cheerleader in jr high and high school.

10. I just recently started drinking coffee.

11. I have kissed a girl, with tongue.

12. I love reality TV, 24, and Lost.

13. I love fall and rainy weather. That's why I moved to Seattle.

14. I have four tattoos. I may get another one. Who knows.

15. I have had breast cancer twice.

16. My favorite color is red.

17. I was a gymnast from age 5 until 14. I competed regularly. I went to soooo many gymnastic camps every summer of those years.

18. I had an opportunity to live in NYC when I started flying and I was too scared to do it. I regret not moving there to this day.

19. I am related to Helen Keller.

20. I do not have a relationship with my biological mother.

21. I have not been to Europe.

22. I have a very healthy self esteem.

23. I like hamburgers, I like cheese, I don't like cheese burgers.

24. I lived in a trailer park as a kid and consider myself white trash.

25. I am a democrat.

26. My mother was abused and I had a long relationship with someone who abused me.

27. I had two c-Sections.

28. I have had stick straight hair my whole life and now, after chemo I have curly hair!!!!!!!!!!! I so deserve it. Cut off your tits, get better hair. Seems fair.

29. If I were on death row and I was asked what my last meal would be, I would ask for chicken friend steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans cooked in bacon.

30. I think vegetarians should only get to eat vegetables. None of this fake meat, chicken and cheese stuff. If you don't want to eat meat don't try to fake yourself out. Believe me, that crap tastes like crap.

31. I would rather cook with gas.

32. I was born in Denver but moved to Texas when I was 3. I moved to Seattle in 1998.

33. My oldest daughter looks just like me and me youngest looks just like her daddy. You would not believe that I have been asked more than once if they have the same father!!!!!!!!!!

34. I believe an African American man will be president before a woman.

35. I am a really good cook.

36. I belong to a book club. How Oprah of me.

37. I hate anime.

38. My favorite movie is "The Color Purple."

39. Target is my favorite place in the world and I believe they pump happy gas through the air system to keep us coming back. Yes, yes, drink the kool-aid!

40. I prefer a Merlot to a Cab..

41. I do not have a home phone, only a cell phone.

42. I have only broken one bone on my life. That being a toe. When I was a kid I always wanted a broken arm or leg so my friends would carry my books.

43. When I was almost 9 months pregnant with my second child, someone told me my relationship with my partner will never last. I delivered two weeks later and I am still in the same relationship 2.5 years later.

44. I have worn glasses since 3rd grade.

45. I hate passive-aggressiveness.

46. I have done 2 sprint triathlons.

47. I always have my toenails painted.

48. I do not like John Wayne or Elvis.

49. I am an only child.

50. I am only half way done with this and have no idea what i will write for the next 50.

51. I believe that I have a book in me. I seriously think I will have a book published some day.

52. I have walk on the field of Texas Stadium where the Dallas Cowboys play.

53. I am geeked out by swimming under things.

54. My first car was a Chrysler Cordoba with rich Corinthian leather.

55. I love nachos from 7-11.

56. My first job was at K-mart in the shoe department.

57. One Halloween I dressed up as Holly Hobbey with the hat and everything.

58. Frida Khalo is my personal heroine. I had a cat named after her and I have been to her house in Mexico.

59. I have drank alcohol, smoked pot, snorted coke, taken acid and mushrooms.

60. I truly feel one of the greatest luxuries in life is watching TV in bed.

60. I think O.J. did it.

61. I could o.d. on ding dongs.

62. I make the best scrambled eggs on the planet.

63. I had a Yamaha 60cc motorcycle when I was a kid.

64. I breast fed two kids from one boob a total of 30 months.

65. I love McDonalds.

66. Cannon Beach OR is my favorite place on the planet.

67. I once had a jeep. I LOVED that car. It was my dream car.

68. I am Pro Choice.

69. I always wanted to be a hair dresser.

70. I don't really like to gamble.

71. I do not like to go hiking.

72. Since chemo I do not sleep well. My best sleeping time is 5:30-9:00. In the morning.

73. I didn't eat Thai food until 9 years ago.

74. I had a list of baby names since high school even though I didn't think I would ever have kids.

75. My best friend in 4th grade was named Maria.

76. I really suck at most sports.

77. I am jaded

78. I am cynical.

79. I only trust two people...One of them is me and the other is not you.

80. I have brown hair and brown eyes.

81. I am pretty short. 5'2"

82. Diet Coke is my drink of choice.

83. I am not good at remembering to take pills like vitamins.

84. The smell of vitamins makes me gag.

85. I can remember being a kid thinking I was a really good singer.

86. When I was a kid I wanted to be called Marie like Donny and Marie, instead of Maria.

87. I am Irish/Italian decent. A predisposed bitch.

88. I do not know how to ride a bike without holding on to the handle bars like the cool kids do.

89. My favorite flower is a Gerber Daisey.

90. Bacon is not my best friend, but I love it all the same.

91. I love my children more than air.

92. I think sour kraut is just that, sour kraut.

93. I have free life times stand by passes from my former airlines employer. No, they don't always go anywhere.

94. I have a dog named LaLa that my oldest child named.

95. Both of my children still sleep with me.

96. I would take a rainy day over a sunny day, everytime!

97. Taco Bueno rocks my world.

98. I can successfully navigate the subway system in NYC.

99. Coors Light is my favorite beer.

100. Someday I like vanilla, some days I like chocolate.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I keep meaning to do this but haven't yet. A few comments:

11 - Woohoo! You go girl!
19 - Really? COol!
28 - I've read about how chemo changes hair and seen examples on TV shows, I think it's neat.
34 - I agree
65 - Me too! Dinner tonight!

Frances D said...

87. I am Irish/Italian decent. A predisposed bitch.

Me too!

Frances
http://blogjem.com