Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Something Wicked This Way Comes

I have been a lazy blogger! I will try and be better.
Chemo is coming this Friday. I DREAD it! I have fantasies of not showing up. That, of course would never happen, yet a girl's gotta dream huh? My dear friend Jacqueline is flying in from Texas for this one. I have known her for 15 years. We have seen a lot of life together in those years. We have cried many tears but more importantly we have laughed our asses off. She has a little boy named Beck, whom she is leaving at home to come get me through this session. I could not be more grateful. I really look forward to her visit.
Last chemo was hard, but this week I have felt really good. It feels good to feel good. Good Good Good
We have our Christmas tree up. the girls had fun doing that. It looks very festive at my house.
I have a few of shout outs. First of all, Elliot's preschool teacher Mrs Goldie. She is the nicest, most caring lady you'd ever want to meet. When you know that someone truly cares for your children, it makes them gold in your heart. I know she reads my blogs, so Mrs Goldie, thank you for EVERYTHING you do. I am so grateful to have you in our lives!!!!
Next is my friend Patty and her endless support and yummy meals. She's always jumping in to help with my girls. She has first hand experience with her sister-in-law and cancer. She knows this road too well.
And my friend Dawn who sent me home today, after a playdate, with yummy meals for two nights. Gracias Amiga.
This chemo marks the half way point of this journey. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is dim but I see it none the less. I have talked with other women who have gone before me and I have read other blogs about being in the middle of chemo or close to the last one. It kinda becomes a bit of a slump, limping to the end. At the beginning it's all so fresh and raw. People gather around you. But weeks go by and the freshness wears off. People have lives to live. It's not that they don't support you, but the shock and awe of it all wears off. Routines get back to normal, yet the person in treatment is just that...still in treatment. I mean, I am sick of myself at this point. I can't be much fun to be around at times. It's a slump, definitely.

Peace Out

No comments: