Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Closer To The End Than The Beginning

Tomorrow is my first round of my last four chemos. Did I write that right? I am closer to the end than the beginning. There is some comfort in that.
We still have no power at our house and that really sucks. I am exhausted from not being in my own home and not being able to cook and going days without a shower. J and A have graciously hosted us and I am so grateful to have a nice place to land, but nothing is like being home. Especially so close to Christmas. Especially having to go to chemo and not being able to go home afterwards. And let's face it, anyone who stays at home with children takes the brunt of this power outage. We try and keep kids happy who are out of their element, keeping them fed, entertained, and warm. While the other half goes to their work place and enjoys lighting and heat and no bored screaming kids. It's not been easy and I have had it much easier than some in this area. Maybe I should welcome chemo as a break in the action of this power situation. I have heard from neighbors that they say we may not have power until SATURDAY. I have come to terms with this and it, say it one more time, really sucks. This blog is another bitch and moan session. I should have these pity partys catered.
BTW we watched Talledega Nights yesterday and it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! A good laugh.
Stay warm out there.

Peace Out

No comments: