Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Third Time Was Not a Charm

Yesterday was my third round of this particular type of chemo. Thank gawd I only have one more of this type of rounds. It's horrible. Yes, I am sure I am being dramatic, but it makes me feel like I have been hit by a truck. I was up until 5am this morning feeling so bad. I do feel better today. The girls are out and about with Anthony and I have a lot of down time today.
My friend Desiree went with me to this chemo and an old co-worker of mine came by to see me. She brought two hats she knitted that are CUTE!!!!! Thank you Milica:) I have such talented special friends. Desiree is a VERY talented photographer. Check her out at www.desireeswansonphotography.com. I am always humbled by their kindness, love, and givingness (is that a word?) I can't say thank you enough. Ever.
So our friends Jason and Amy moved into their new house on Monday. It's a gorgeous place. I really miss them. They were so fun to have around. We had Thanksgiving with them on Saturday. The guys fried the turkey and Amy and I made all the rest of the fixings. It was delish. I have to say I had a completely emotional day. I could not stop crying. Sometimes this process catches up with me and I become over whelmed. Well Saturday was that day for me. There was nothing really wrong. I was just so emotional. We were at the table talking about what we are grateful for and Elliot pipes in that she is thankful for her mommy. Pow! I love that kid.
This last week I was in Target and I saw this woman. She had very short hair and a pink survivor bracelet. We smiled at each other. I totally have my chemo flag flying. No hair and a hat trying to cover my bald head. Well we ended up talking. She finished chemo four months ago. She looked so great and I loved her hair growing out. Ultimately she invited me to a young survivors group. I went Tuesday night and LOVED it. I thought I would be crying the whole time, but it was much different than that. I will surely go again. We all knew what the other was talking about. We are all walking the same path. What brave women I met. I salute you all.
Tomorrow we go to Jason and Amy's for turkey day. Should be a nice relaxing day.'
Happy Thanksgiving dear reader. I am thankful for you all.

Peace Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria,

Want to say that I am thankful for the strength you have been able to use with your freinds and family. I know that sometimes with hard times you sometimes feel angry over what has happened. I know that I certainly would feel that as times. I wish you peace and love. Healing will come. Hope your blessings multiply and surround you.

Love to You