Monday, November 06, 2006

Burn Your Bra Sista!



So this weekend, my girlfriends and I gathered for a ceremonial burning of old nasty bras. I , of course , burned every one of mine. It was an evening of friendship. My neighbor Deena, pictured with me here, offered up her house and firepit. The guys made us a roaring bonfire. We all went out in the rain and chanted and burned. If you ever read Ya-Ya Sisiterhood, you will know what I mean when I say I had my Ya-Ya's with me.
I could not of asked for a more perfect evening. We had good good food. My friend Sandy's daughter Katie made the best pumpkin pie I have ever had. I just can't say enough good things about the night. For a woman who lost her boobs I have gained so much. I have gained the sight to see friends and family gather around me to support me.
I stood on a tree stump hovering over the fire, just about to burn every last stinkin bra I had, and looked at my circle of YaYa's and took a snap shot in my mind. I thought about a day 20 years from now when we will all have a laugh and tell the story of a gal who burned her bras and is STILL surviving to tell the story. Amen Sista.

Peace Out
See more Bra Burnin pics: http://etomic.net/photos/v/anthony-maria/daburn/

2 comments:

jacheree said...

Ya-Yas make life better, don't they? I'm also lucky enough to have some of my own. I'm glad you have plenty as well! :-)

More power to ya!!!

Anonymous said...

aww thank you! I'm glad you liked my pie =)
love caitie