Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Invisible

Ok so yes...I am blogging two days in a row after bitching yesterday that I had no time. Maybe I just needed one blogging session to kick me in the ass and realize how much I miss it. And in a way, blogging is me time. Time when all is quiet and I am not doing laundry.
So I have been thinking a lot lately how invisible I feel. Like a ghost in a room, I swish around bodies. Someone may feel, ever so slightly that something brushed up against them, turning to look at nothing there. I could pick a little pocket here, take a little earring there. I could nibble off someones plate. Why not? I am invisible.
I think that connections with others keep us from disappearing. The human interaction that, as a social kind of gal, I crave.
When I moved to Seattle in '98, I remember I would be in public thinking I would see a familiar face. I was 2300 miles from Texas, but I still searched for the familiar.
We all need contact with other beings. We all want to be seen in the world. I am in a definite transition right now. Going from my comfort zone into unknown faces, uncharted routine.
We never really stop inward growth do we?
For now I will remain invisible, getting to know my new world. The scary thing is, eventually someone will actually see me.

Peace Out

No comments: