Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Day 8

Family Dinner.
That's what happened tonight.
The ex, our kids, the hunnee, his kids, and the hunnee's parents.
Nine people around the table. Laughing and talking. Eating good food. I even made a cake. Dayum!
It actually felt really normal. Because you see, we really are all connected. This part of my life proves that. We, the world, we are all connected in some way. If it takes me having this kind of life so that my children see and feel that connection, then by gawd I will do it.
Believe me, there are days that my ex and I would rather poke each others eyes out with a sharp stick. But on days like today, when it all works, I feel harmony. Having all those I love around me. I am only in love with one man. The man who gave me my children will always be a part of my life. We are not in love anymore and haven't been for a while. We are really really working at admiration. Friendship I should say. As I have said, I did love him. Those days are over and if I can have more days like the one I had today, I will be a happy woman. Amen!

Peace Out

No comments: