Friday, September 28, 2007

Disassembled

A year ago I had a double mastectomy.
At that time I felt as though I was slowly being disassembled. I felt as though I would gladly remove what ever body part(s) I needed to to see my girls grow up.
A lot can happen in a year. Wounds heal. Hearts mend. Despair can be replaced by hope.
I have been through chemo. I have cried many tears. I have gained many pounds. My body at times does not feel like my own. But my life is my own. I live it gladly, lumps, bumps and all.
My children are awesome, My relationship with my partner fulfills me. My family is thriving and I have the best friends a person could want on this earth.
Inshallah. That's what is it.
You can take pieces of me away, but I will come back every, better for it each time.

Peace Out

4 comments:

qualcosa di bello said...

you are so brave & inspirational! i see my best friend in so many of your posts (she has the same timeline of issues & similiar circumstances, from what i may gather of your posts)...& in you both i can see...

attitude is everything!

you are so much more than the sum of your parts!

Wicked H said...

You keep on kicking Cancer in the ass.

Always sending healing thoughts your way.

Frances D said...

Your post gave me such a lift I swear I felt my feet leave the ground.
Sending bloglove and good vibes your way,
Frances
http://blogjem.com
PS Can I post this at the group blog?

Karina said...

You are truly an inspiration!