Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tales From The Edge

I feel random.
I have a had a nasty cold for seven days. My last chemo was two weeks ago and I am sure my immune system was low when I caught the little devil and it's taken me a while to recover. It has not been fun. I had it in my head that as soon as chemo was done I was getting on the fast rack to getting in shape again and I have done nothing to attain that goal. Edna was here, we did a lot of work on the house and I got sick the day after she left. I have not been the picture of health and that makes me surly.
I am ready for spring and to be warm again.
I have whiskers on my head and all parts of my body.
I am ready to go back to the gym.
I am thinking about doing the 3-day walk for breast cancer. I am not worried about the walk. I am worried about raising $2,200. I am not a fund raiser. I'll let you know if I decide to do it.
Elliot has this next week off from school.
I am potty training Wyatt this week.
Have you heard about The Secret?
I got my new new boobies and they are high water C's.
We got new lights for the entry and dining room.
Random I say. Just random stuff.
This Thursday I go in for my monthly dose of H. Should be short and sweet.

Peace Out

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I think that when you meet my incredible friends you will absolutely feel inspired to do the 3-Day. ;-)

I'll throw out this tid-bit: I was TERRIFIED about the fundraising portion. My friends are pretty solidly middle-class, and don't throw around thousands of dollars. However, every person on our team hit goal last year, and we went above our minimums. It's easier than you think because:
1) It's a tangible way for people to feel better about your situation;
2) So many people have been impacted by the disease.

I got two $250 donations from people I hadn't seen in years; one lost his mom to breast cancer, and I still don't know why the other was inspired to such generousity. People come out of the woodwork; it's a good cause, and sells itself pretty well.

Plus, you can do it all through email, avoiding that uncomfortable face-to-face call!
Kristina6