Sunday, February 25, 2007

Breast Cancer 3Day Walk

Most of you that read this blog have been emailed by now that I am fund raising for the Breast Cancer 3Day walk. I will walk 60 miles in 3 days on a team of INCREDIBLE women. Some of them survivors and some of them supporters. I am inspired and excited!!!!!
I have to give a great amount of credit to Kristina Surface. I cam across her blog months ago while in chemo treatment and then again last week. This year will be her second year to do the walk. I have latched on to her team. I don't believe in accidents anymore. I believe that she was put in my path for a purpose. She is a motivator and articulate speaker. If you are around her or any of her friends you would know you are in the presence of good, kind folks.
I went to her house this last week for a little get together of women interested in the walk. I AM ONBOARD!!!!!!
I have raised $650 due to some awesome donations. I personally do not see a dime of this money...BUT I do see it by proxy. I see it through there being a cure in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have said this on my email and on my webpage:
I will do this walk for those who come before, with, and after me.
I will do this walk for my daughters whom I love more than air.
I will do this walk to see my grandchildren and hold them in my arms.
I will do this walk so that I will never get a call from a loved one telling me they have breast cancer.
I will do this walk so that my partner and I will see each other grow old.
I will do this walk for all of us.
I will do this walk because cancer freakin' sucks.
This walk means a lot to me this year. I say this year because I know I will do it EVERY year as long as I am breathing.
Please check out my webpage:
http://www.the3day.org/seattle07/mariaewing

Peace Out

No comments: