Saturday, February 04, 2012

Same Same but Different

 
last time i came to thailand, i kept seeing a saying..same same but different. i like the thought of it. i liked the way it rolled off my tongue. but until returning this time didn't  really understand the meaning. now i have this lightbulb moment. all IS the same, but yet its not. the same is the culture, the people, the food, the weather. the different is, time marches on, no matter how slowly. bangkok has changed the tiniest bit, it's very subtle.
now my sweet little getaway island, not so much. the resort i stay at is exactly the same. the staff is the same. they remebered me. the girl at the front desk came out with sweet hugs and words of welcome. just as she did the last time i left early in the morning, vowing to return.
and now i have...on my honeymoon. showing my hubs all the wonders of thailand and this magical island.
i miss my children terribly, but know they are in good hands.


peace out

No comments: