Sunday, January 25, 2009

Driving at 1am

Last night I went out with a group of people for dinner and then to a friends to drink some wine. Our common bond was an amazing woman who recently passed away. We drank 11 yr old wine from Italy in her honor. It was a bottle that was saved for a special occasion in her life and last night was it. The occasion was her life.
We told stories and looked at pictures. We watched family movies of her. At some points it was surreal. Watching her on the TV screen laughing as she always did.
It seems that saying good bye can take a very long time. I never knew this. She is/was so lovely.
This world, my world, her family's world, her friend's world will never be the same without her in it. Yet when she was in it she rocked it.
Damn I miss her.
I will never be the same.





Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good.
Give my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.
And so long to devotion,
You taught my everything I know.
Wave goodbye, Wish me well.

You've gotta let me go.
-The Killers

No comments: