Monday, January 19, 2009

Dear K


Dear K,
I miss you everyday. Today would have been your 36th birthday. I know you would of had a great party. I know we would have done shots and sang badly.
I think about you all the time.
When I met you two years ago, I knew we both had that wonderful dark side. The humor that few others understand.
I watched you grow a baby inside of you, as you went through chemo.
I met that sweet baby and stood with you in a circle as you honored her life with a baptism.
I walk many many miles and laughed my ass off on TWO Breast Cancer 3Day Walks.
I did shots with you.
I broke bread with you.
I cried with you when you felt scared and so did I.
I witnessed your final walk to a more peaceful place.
I am just one of many who feel honored to have known you.
I have peace knowing that you are in a place where you a whole again. I know you have no more pain and anguish.
Imissyou. Imissyou. Imissyou.
I'll see you on the flip side my friend.

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What lovely words for your friend, Maria. A laugh; a cry. I'm so sorry. So very sorry.

Jenheartsart said...

I'm still sad. But its great that her girls will grow up knowing about their mom and her crazy antics from someone who loved her.