Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day

Dear Dad,
I wish I could be with you on this special day. I wish I was with you at every Father's Day.
I love you so much. I hope you truly know that.
There are times when I have felt like you and I have grown up together. We are so much alike.
I will never forget when I was going to my first gymnastics meet. I was about 6 and the night before I was very excited and nervous. You told me that all I could was my best and that was the best I could do. The next day I had my meet. As usual you had to work, but I remember coming home with ribbons. Now, I have no idea the color of them, but I knew I went out there and did my best. I have carried that with me my whole life.
You have given me my warped sense of humor and my courage. You have told me that I was the only person in this world who would never let me down. Sometimes you were right, but thank goodness sometimes you were wrong.
All I have ever really wanted from you is your love, and I know that you have given that to me. I feel in return, I have given you Elliot and Wyatt, to show you what your love has taught me. Having them shows me a depth of love only a parent can have. I know how much hell I have raised and how much I have worried you now. I know even as an adult, you will always be there for me no matter what.
Seeing you sad or worried about me being sick breaks my heart. I want to take all that worry from you and tell you that I will be fine. I want to protect you from seeing your only child in pain. I love you so much.
I wish we were together today. Thank you everything you done for me.

I love you with all my heart
oxoxoxox
Mar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Sounds like an AWSOME dad!