Monday, February 07, 2011

Friendship

Today has me thinking about friendship.
What does it mean to you to be or have a friend? Are you a good friend?
There are times I have been a really shitty friend. There are times I could of been a better friend. There are also times that I have been a good friend.
Where would we be with out our friends? Sometimes friends are our family. We share our joys, triumphs, heartbreak, successes, and fuck ups with friends.
Friendship requires give and take just like any relationship. It requires a connection. Not always having everything in common. Friends make us better people.
Remember the song, make new friends, but keep the old ones? Does it ring true for you? It's never to late to meet new people. It's never too late to repair broken friendships. It's never too late to appreciate the friendships you currently have.
I know as a friend, I have work to do.

Peace Out


Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
the other is gold.

A circle is round,
it has no end.
That's how long,
I will be your friend.

A fire burns bright,
it warms the heart.
We've been friends,
from the very start.

You have one hand,
I have the other.
Put them together,
We have each other.

Silver is precious,
Gold is too.
I am precious,
and so are you.

You help me,
and I'll help you
and together
we will see it through.

The sky is blue
The Earth is green
I can help
to keep it clean

Across the land
Across the sea
Friends forever
We will always be


No comments: