Monday, August 23, 2010

Wackadoooooo

I cut my hair recently. While most folks cut their hair every 7 weeks or so, I usually do not. After losing all my hair during chemo, I am very skidish if scissors get near me.
When it was growing back I did enjoy a fro for the first time of my life. My hair is usually very straight and it grew back curly! Ahhhh the joy of curly hair. Then I started getting it cut and the curl was gone. DAMMIT!
After a few cuts I was on a mission to grow out my hair. Longgggggggg.
But you know what? I just kept putting it up in a pony tail. What the hell good is that? Day after day I would pile it on top of my head and go about my biznazz.
Until a couple of weeks ago...
I have been going to a new hair stylist and told her to talk me off the ledge I was about to jump off. The ledge of- cut all this shit off. She said no way would she do that, we were gonna high dive off the mo fo and cut it OFF!
And we did, and I love it!
So thank you Carolann for the hair therapy.

Peace Out

1 comment:

Frances D said...

Lovin' the cut. Glasses and flower are adorable. My daughter's hair grew in so curly too - it's been growing a while now and is probably past shoulder length. Her ponytail alone was 40" long when she lost her hair (all at once) during chemo. She hadn't cut it in 11 years. No need to tell you she's feeling pretty good. Take care