Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today my friend Patty and I took our kiddos on the annual pumpkin patch field trip that we have done every year for the last six years.

We met in the fall of 2003 at a community center play area. You know the kind, where zombie eyed moms go as soon as they can every weekday morning cuz there is no where else to go until nap time. Our oldest girls were playing together and we struck up the boring conversation of, how old is your child? does she sleep through the night? how horrible was your labor? blah blah blah...
We exchanged numbers and went on our merry ways.
Then, she actually called me! We decided to go to a pumpkin patch with one year olds in tow. And so it began...
I do not really like to be around other moms. If you know me, you know how true this is. I don't really talk to folks at pre school or at elementary pick up. Not because I am shy, because I don't want to. Patty covers this territory for me. While in the background I make snarky remarks about the other moms.
So we like to say that we have been dating for six years this month.
Patty knew me post 1st cancer and pre 2nd cancer. We have had laughs and tears. We were pregnant at the same time with our second children. As in any relationship, we have had trying times. Quiet times. Good times. Loud times. Thick and thin. I am talking about our waist lines here.
We love to eat Mexican food and read. She has huge boobs I have none. She's tall, I am short. She's skinny, I am....thick.
We've seen joy and heartache. Terrible terrible heartache.
So Happy Anniversary lady! I gots you on my mind!

Peace Out

No comments: