Saturday, May 17, 2008

3day Breast Cancer Walk

Dear Friends and Family,

Yes, I'm doing it again - I signed up for the 2008 Breast Cancer 3-Day! I had such an incredible experience doing the 3-Day last year that I'm going back for more. I'm so excited about this event, even though this year I really know what I've gotten myself into.

It seems inadequate to try and explain the experience I had last year with words. I was on a rather large team and we had a blast, but there was a core group of us that really bonded.That core group is now going by the name The Lickity Splits. These girls are crazy and fun and passionate about life.

My girlfriend Jacqueline Reid flew up form Texas to walk with me. She will be with me again this year!

Anna Schumacher is completely insane and makes the best hats!

Kristin Haugen (kdawg) is a bruiser. I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley! Darkly funny.

Courtney Fede is a sweety.

Carol Franco loves nachos and would do anything in the world for you.

Nicole Taylor is on her 5th year as a survivor. GO COLIE!

Angie Kemp is Anna's redneck cousin who is flying in from South Carolina is walk with us.

Diana DuVerger and Angela Rapp are flying all the way from Massachusetts to walk and support Kdawg.

Angela Cough is walking to support Anna.



I send this email to some of you whom I talk to frequently and to some I have not been in contact with for a while.
As most of you know in the summer of 2001 I found out I had a form of breast cancer called DCIS. It was noninvasive. I had it removed and also had radiation treatment. Clean and simple. I thought I was DONE!
For five years, I lived relatively worry free until this last summer of 2006. I found another lump in the same breast. Consequently, I had a double mastectomy and just finished chemotherapy on February 1, 2007. Now almost 2 years after surgery, I am DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!! Life is now gotten back to "normal" or should I say the new normal.
Here's my quest...
In September of 2007 I walked the Breast Cancer 3 day, 60 mile walk for a cure for breast cancer.
I raised almost $5,500.
ALL net profit went to the Susan G Komen fund. Money raised goes to the fight to find a cure and prevent breast cancer.
Here I am again asking for donations for the 2008 walk. It will take place in September.
I am not a fund raiser by any means. But this is important to me and anyone touched by this insidious disease.
Please consider any amount. It all goes to a good cause.
I walk for those who go before, with, and after me. I walk for my beautiful daughters. I walk to hold my grandchildren.
Please email or call me if you have any questions!! You can go to my webpage- http://08.the3day.org/goto/mariaewing
and donate.

This event isn't easy, but I promise you, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't believe 100% that it was worth every muscle ache, weary night and training walk.

I need your help.

If you have any questions or want to hear more about what I'm doing, I love talking about the event. Thanks for all of your support. I'm incredibly lucky to have people like you in my life!

Love,
Maria


http://08.the3day.org/goto/mariaewing
http://08.the3day.org/goto/lickitysplits
--
maria e w i n g
(.) (.) find a cure
www.boobalicious-trixila.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

I'm not insane, it's just the inbreeding. Angi is getting it from both sides: she's a redneck AND she's inbred!\
I love you, you dirty tramp!
xoxo
Anna
(JR Coochie)