Monday, February 26, 2007

Sometimes You Have to Know When to Say When

There are things in this life that sometimes just don't work. Sometimes I have a hard time seeing that. On paper these things should work out but in real life they just don't. I would think that after the time I have been on earth, I would just say-oh, that's not gonna pan out.
If after this chemo, I plan on being so honest and straight forward, then I better get there with myself too. I need to do some emotional house cleaning. I need to stop trying to make relationships work that just don't.I can't make someone happy or want to be my friend if in turn they don't want it too.
No hard feelings though. I really mean that. I am only 4 weeks out from my last"chemo. " I have yet to feel really great, which has given me a little time to think how I would like my life and relationships to be going forward.
I also have to look at myself and know these last five months, I have not been the most giving of friends. I haven't had it in me. I think this has all ruined my street cred.
So in saying all that, it's time for me to let go of some things. It's time to say when. It's getting too hard to try and keep connecting. I have to let it all go or I will go insane wondering what I did and when I did it.

Peace Out

No comments: